We do things differently to other agencies and challenge the status quo. From chatbots to dashboards, apps and other digital approaches, we live and breathe innovation in research. Beyond great researchers, we are a bunch of thinkers, creators, analysts, strategists and movers & shakers. But aside from all of this, what is most critical to our success is that we have colleagues who are reliable, team-oriented, passionate, positive, proactive and fun to work with.
We are now looking to hire a capable Associate Director for our Public Policy Team which is dedicated to servicing governments and NGOs across the region. In this multidisciplinary role which combines team management, client management and research delivery, you will work on a number of key accounts and deliver a variety of insights work to your clients including adhoc one-off studies to large-scale complex research.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage and grow existing clients including up-selling, cross-selling etc
- Assist in growing new business via personal initiative, networking etc
- Accept incoming briefs from senior management or directly from existing clients and prepare research proposals and research design
- Demonstrate strong application of different types of research methodologies (primarily quantitative) and impart knowledge to team members
- Provide guidance to team members on research materials (e.g. questionnaire, report etc) to ensure that overall specifications are in line with the intended story/clients’ objectives
- Work with team members to solve project related issues and provide day to day support and guidance to junior team members
- Oversee preparation of data visualizations/charts – train teams to think visually
- Plan and develop analysis plan, produce high quality reports – demonstrate strategy and business recommendations in research reports
- Present professionally and credibly in front of clients’ senior team
- Play a role of mentor in helping managers by coaching them on management and development of team members, including goal setting, monitoring of managers’ performance and growth etc
- Conduct regular resource meetings to assess resource situation and work closely with the team to mitigate potential roadblocks
To apply, you should have 8-10+ years of quantitative research experience on the research agency side. You should be very comfortable with quantitative research processes and have considerable prior responsibility for client servicing on both continuous and ad hoc work ideally, as well as people management and commercial skills in client and business development.
Specifically with this role, we are looking to find someone with experience of working on Communication Evaluations/Campaign Evaluation, as well as an understanding of various sampling techniques and the ability to interpret regression and correlation outputs. No prior experience in public policy work is needed, other than a strong interest to work in this space.